The following interactive tutorials will teach you some areas of
basic Spanish and allow you practise making simple sentences with
- Basic adjectives with ser and estar
- In this tutorial you'll learn to make simple sentences involving the
equivalent of am/are/is plus an adjective, such as he's English,
I'm tired etc. This tutorial teaches all of the present tense forms of
ser and estar.
The exercises are designed to give you guided
responses to your answers rather than a simple "correct"/"incorrect".
- Introduction to Spanish verbs
- An overview of the Spanish verb system, plus simple exercises and information allowing you
to learn and practise;
- How to say I like... in Spanish
- A guide to sentences such as I like tennis, where Spanish expresses these
sentences "the other way round".
- Difficult vocab in Spanish
A summary of various Spanish words that can cause difficulty to English
learners (and learners in general), including various so-called
falsos amigos: Spanish words that look like English words on
the surface, but have a subtly (or sometimes totally) different meaning.
Note that to use the interactive content, you require a recent version of Java.
If you don't see the interactive exercises, then see the guide to installing Java.
Tutorials and Java applets written by Neil Coffey.
Copyright © Javamex UK 2009. All rights reserved.